Being able to add additional contacts to merge fields ie Letters and Emails etc
I have entered in the contacts separately and linked them (as you at REX designed it) as: Contact 1 - Jarod Joseph and Contact 2 - Holly Joseph
I don’t want them linked as Contact 1 - Jarod Joseph & Holly Joseph
I understand that is the only way at the moment to do a merge – and is what we are having to do at the moment – however once you do this, it voids the rest of the contact card ie:
- The social tab for Facebook and linked in (as it wont search for the multiple names then)
- The gender tab, as Jarod and Holly are not both male
- The birthday tab, as Jarod and Holly do not have the same birthday
- The address fields, as Jarod and Holly may jointly own the property but not live at the same address
- The match tab, as Jarod and Holly may have different search criteria (if divorcing) and not wanting to share the same “match” My point is, the way REX is setup now is to have separate contacts that are linked. All I am asking is for whatever needs to be done in the backend to be able to have the option in merge fields to add an additional contact.
Teena van Akkeren commented
I agree with Andrea! Our office really only want to use the one contact record especially for a husband & wife. We need the option to add other types in the gender section such as married & de-facto rather then male or female. Add additional contact info such as Birthdays in the one contact field is also a great idea as we do not want to make them related contacts unless they have separate address or are mother & son etc. Husband & wife or couples should be able to put both their details in the one contact PRETTY PLEASE...
Mark P commented
This idea is so obvious, I posted something myself but got no response, this would make it a whole lot easier.
Andrea Bailey commented
I think it would be helpful to have the option when merging letter or email to send the 1 letter to
> Contact 1
> Contact 2
> Contact 1 & 2 combined
If we have our contacts set up as individuals which is the best way to enter our people we want to be able to send a letter "Dear Bob and Mary", if they live at the same address we dont want to be mailing them individual letters we want to address them together in one letter, i have been advised that presently the only way to do this is to manually edit the letter which doesnt appear to me to be time well spent ;-)
Thank for feedback, its great you sent through plenty of info so we can get a better picture!
This has been a tricky subject as this would lead to other issues within the Merge tags.
We have been looking at solutions on this and will keep you updated.