Skip to content

Feature Requests

Welcome Rex Users!

Let us know what you really want out of the system you use in your businesses every day!

Please include as much detail as possible about what the feature is and how the feature would make your life easier – this will encourage other rex users to vote for your request rather than creating a duplicate idea. The more votes you get the quicker your idea will come to our attention :)

How it works:

• You can add as many new ideas here as you like but each new idea that you add will cost you one of your votes.
  • You have ten votes to use. You can distribute these however you like with a maximum of 3 on any single item. You can remove a vote if you change your mind and put it elsewhere.
  • If you have voted on an item that is then implemented, you will get those votes back to use again.

Remember – no request is too small :)

Happy voting!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Address line visible from Contacts view

In order to make relevant calls to relevant contacts, the address fields should be visible from the contact view in Rex desktop.
    This would allow prospecting, tagging, adding reminders, etc based on address.
    Whilst Related Properties is a function in Rex, a large imported database needs time to add these, and the use of this field would aid the data entry process as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  2. Capture buyer postcodes at Open homes

Hello REX peeps. I would love to be able to capture buyer post codes at open homes, using Pocket as we check them in.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to let you know this is now available in Rex Mobile (Pocket). When you check in the attendee, there is now a field to capture the 'marketing postcode' on their contact record.

3. QR codes for open homes and collecting buyer details.

It would be a great idea to integrate with QR codes for our listings, so we can have a code printed largely on entrance, the buyers can scan and enter their details and it feeds into the open home feedback for that listing.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to Archive instead of Trash a Contact

When a contact is trashed, all related historical details are removed ie associated contacts, listing & properties, and the contact no longer appears in basic search results.

For continued integrity of the historical data in the CRM, it would be great if you could chose to ARCHIVE instead of Trash.

By doing this, all relevant information is still attached to the contact for historical purposes but the contact is no longer an "active" contact, they are marked as Do Not Contact and have an Archived status and tag.

This means, if you search for the trashed contact (or related historical…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We have added the ability to archive a contact. On the contact record screen, click the “More” dropdown and select “Archive”. See the attached screenshot.

5. Add Contacts

The ability to enter more than one name in contacts.
    When entering OFI in feedback or using kiosk or add person it would be great to be able to enter eg a husband and wife’s name at the one time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search by Postal address

Can you please add the feature Search by Postal Address of a contact in the database. It would be a huge time saver as to the roundabout method I have to use now when I know the address and cant remember the people's names. I am sure we all suffer from that issue. Ultimately this added feature would save a lot of embarrassment.

Glenda
    PS Is it also possible to add a little text to the fields that is the name of the field we are entering the information on? I have only just realised that the field I am…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Related Contacts

When adding related contacts to a property record, it would be nice to have a flexible option (at present only owner, past owner, tenant or past tenant are available). I do a lot of business to business networking and would like to add say an architect or consultant that has worked on a particular property. You can add a custom field when you add a related contact to an existing contact record, so it would be good to have this available on the property record.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  8. View contact ownership in search bar drop down box

When typing in a contacts name or number in the search bar that turns out to be in there three times for three different agents, its would be great to have an indication of which agent each one belongs to so you dont have to click on them all until you get the right one. Great for sales support when adding in notes to a partucular contact.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight contact records owned by you when searching

Highlight/Identify contact records owned by you when completing a contact search.

This is more for admins who can see multiple/duplicate contact records which have different owners (i.e. in closed office).

I often struggle to identify which contact records are my own vs someone else's.

I don't necessarily want to hide other peoples contacts from search, as I do use these from time to time (i.e in relation to a contract), i just want to easily identify which contact records belong to me when searching

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  10. Change pocket Open section so it's more like HomePass

Hi guys,
    we have been using HomePass to register buyers at Open Inspections and were excited to try using Pocket. Luckily I tested it before going to an open with it, because it's a little clunky.
    We generally don't ask for a full name at an open, but even if we did, searching by name isn't fool proof. So then I tried typing in the mobile number in the name field which was good for picking up a duplicate, but then if it's a new contact and I hit add contact, Pocket pre-populates the name field with the mobile number…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  11. Group SMS from app

After registering attendees at an open home on the Pocket by Rex app, it would be great at the end of the open home to then have an option to send a group text to all the attendees (still using a template).Rather than having to do it individulaly, or waiting to get back to the office to do a mass SMS on the full website.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This feature is now available in Pocket. You can access it in an Open Home, tap the “•••” menu, selecting Bulk Message and then selecting SMS.

12. Contact ownership on Pocket

On REX Pocket you cannot see who owns the contact, can there be a field that shows who is the owner of that contact please.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already available.

If you own the contact an extra icon appears overlaid on top of the contact record in lists, search results etc.

When viewing a contact record you can check on the permissions and record ownership by clicking on the little person icon in the top right hand corner of the record.

13. Contact Duplicate Report

Need a report that lists the contacts that have the same phone number/ email address/ name etc. so we can clean our database.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A name field to identify each phone number listed under a contact

Need a name field next to phone number section to identify who owns which phone number when there is more than one name in the contact ID e.g when a whole family is listed in the contact, husband/wife etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “type” field is actually a freeform field designed to double as a way for you to label the phone numbers with a particular contact’s name beyond just labeling them as “Mobile / Home” etc. – When the dropdown appears, simply type anything you want to store a custom value.

15. Birth date search

When you conduct an advanced search to check for who has birthday's today, it shows no results unless a persons birthday is today's actual date.

There needs to be a way to filter by just the date and month of all years - This will allow agents to send out cards/emails, etc. in advance of someone's birthday.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Happy to let you know that it looks like we modified the behaviour to match this request a few months ago!

Searching for a birthday on the 28th of October 2017 will now show you all contacts that were born on the 28th of October of any year.

16. Mailing Lists

At the moment if there are two email addresses against the one contact, only the 'primary' contact will receive the newsletter. Can we have this amended so we have the option for both people to receive it.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,
    We’re happy to announce that we now allow you to have a ‘secondary email’ address which can receive newsletters via Rex.

For more information on how to set this up, please contact our support team.

17. Legal name field in on a contact record

When you enter a contact i think having a spot for a legal name section would be beneficial we have a lot of contacts who's legal name is complete different to the name they want to be addressed by

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce this suggestion has been brought to life by our developers and is now live in the system.

That’s right, you can now include a middle name, a legal name, a salutation and the addressee to a contact record. Rex will use the right one when sending emails, newsletters, filling out contracts, etc.

These new fields can be accessed per usual from the contact’s name settings, and when editing existing contacts.

For a full update on todays releases, check out our release article on the Rex blog: http://www.rexsoftware.com/feature-release-asked-delivered/

18. Search by last name rather than entire name

We really need to be able to search for any contact by their last name. Having to remember ever single person's full name to be able to pick up the exact contact is time consuming, and generally people cannot remember full names but rather just their last name.

We ask for better searching capabilities, in particular searching just by last names.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bianca,
    You’ll be happy to hear that we offer the functionality you just described! You can search by surname by performing a wildcard search. Just put a percentage sign before your search e.g. %smith. Feel free to contact our friendly support team if you have any additional queries around this.

19. Tag a contact in Notes

Using @ or just a + button so you can make notes with a Contact involved.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Freeform text box for salutation

It would be great to have a freeform text box for our clients preferred names (salutations). For example, some of our elderly clients like to be addressed as 'Mr & Mrs Smith', others prefer Steph & Ryan other 'Mr & Mrs R Smith' etc. This way we can use a 'salutation' merge field in letters, emails and newsletters and always have the correct name used for the client.

Currently, if we only have a surname against the contact but use the incorrect merge field, no information is pulled through (blank info).

If we could have a field in the contact…

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce this suggestion has been brought to life by our developers and is now live in the system.

That’s right, you can now include a middle name, a legal name, a salutation and the addressee to a contact record. Rex will use the right one when sending emails, newsletters, filling out contracts, etc.

These new fields can be accessed per usual from the contact’s name settings, and when editing existing contacts.

For a full update on todays releases, check out our release article on the Rex blog: http://www.rexsoftware.com/feature-release-asked-delivered/

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base